Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has made this for over 30 years and the family still loves it! Easy and tasty! We eat it with salad and garlic bread. Not just your ordinary tomato sauce over noodles!
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste, can get hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 15 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces of long spaghetti
- Brown beef and onion in skillet until meat is brown and onions are translucent.
- Drain. ( I usually saute the onions in a separate skillet to keep more of the flavor).
- Add soups and seasonings. Stir well, Cover and simmer about 45 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on box.
- Rinse spaghetti.
- Spoon sauce over spaghetti and enjoy!
Easy to half for a smaller group. nice hit of spice- it is a thick sauce.
Please this is not good food, I mean 2 cans of comercail soup added with all the additives, not my idea of healthy home cooking
The sauce is to thick to my taste, and I'll probably reduce the tomato paste next time. Other than that, this is great! The tabasco also adds some nice flavor and smell - love it. Thanks for the recipe!