Recipe by Tornado Ali
I came up with this recipe as a way of using up leftover corned beef, besides hash and Reubens.
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cups corned beef, diced and cooked
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, corned beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and spices. Simmer on low for one hour.
- Add mushrooms, continue simmering for 1/2 hour.
- Add macaroni, bring to boil and cook till macaroni is tender.
- You can sprinkle the top with fresh shredded parmesan cheese, if you like.