1/5 Photos of Irish Fruit Scones
Light moist and so easy to make.This recipe was given to me by Irish chef. These are truly best scones I ever had. Great with butter, jam or creme-fresh. They also freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl measure flour, sugar, baking powder.
- 4Add butter and work with your fingertips until mixture resembles small peas.
- 5Mix in dry fruit.
- 6In small bowl mix buttermilk and eggs add to dry mixture.
- 7Using your hands, form dough into large ball and place on floured surface.
- 8Knead lightly only few times until comes together.
- 9Roll out into 1 1/2 inch thickness.
- 10Cut into 3 inch rounds place on a prepared baking sheet.
- 11Brush with milk to glaze.
- 12Bake scones for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Fruit Scones
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 260.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g