2 hrs 30 mins
This is an authentic recipe traced back to County Cork on the Emerald Isle. I got it from Taste of Home magazine. This freezes well. Prep time includes rising and kneading time. Both prep and cook times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in warm water.
- 2Add the butter, eggs, potatoes, salt, remaining sugar and two cups flour; beat until smooth.
- 3Stir in raisins and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 5Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 7Punch dough down.
- 8Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into eight portions.
- 9Shape each into a ball.
- 10Place dough balls in a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- 11Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 12Place on a baking sheet.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Remove sides of pan.
- 15Place on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Freckle Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3327.6
- Calories from Fat 965
- Total Fat 107.2 g
- Saturated Fat 62.2 g
- Cholesterol 668.0 mg
- Sodium 2147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 538.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.6 g
- Sugars 189.2 g
- Protein 63.6 g