Flummery is a very old Irish dessert. This recipe is from "Classic Irish Recipes"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the almonds and oatmeal in a pan until slightly browned. Set aside.
- 2Whip the cream until smooth, but not stiff.
- 3Warm the honey VERY slightly, so that it will run easily.
- 4Fold the honey, whiskey, half of the toasted almonds & oatmeal, half the berries if using them & the lemon juice into the cream.
- 5Mix thoroughly but lightly, and spoon into tall individual glasses. (looks lovely in wine or champaign glasses).
- 6Sprinkle the remaining almonds/oatmeal and berries on top.
- 7Chill and Serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Flummery
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.9
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 62.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g