Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Flummery is a very old Irish dessert. This recipe is from "Classic Irish Recipes"
Make and share this Irish Flummery recipe from Food.com.
- Toast the almonds and oatmeal in a pan until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Whip the cream until smooth, but not stiff.
- Warm the honey VERY slightly, so that it will run easily.
- Fold the honey, whiskey, half of the toasted almonds & oatmeal, half the berries if using them & the lemon juice into the cream.
- Mix thoroughly but lightly, and spoon into tall individual glasses. (looks lovely in wine or champaign glasses).
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds/oatmeal and berries on top.
- Chill and Serve.