Recipe by Bergy
This is a wonderful dessert it has a fluffy top and a creamy lemon base. If you want a heavier lemon flavor increase the Zest.
Top Review by ggbliss
I must have done something wrong, as mine didn't come out with a fluffy top or creamy base. Rather, it was more like a cheesecake consistency. I will blame my result on my lack of expertise. I tried to follow the instructions exactly, but this is probably a tricky thing to accomplish, like making a souffle. I would have liked it a little sweeter, too. I served mine with whipped cream and a scattering of fresh blackberries, which was nice.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup berry sugar (or Castor sugar)
- 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter.
- Add sugar and beat well.
- Grate the rind of the lemons and squeeze out the juice, strain, set aside.
- Separate the eggs, add one yolk at a time to the butter/sugar mixture beating well between Stir in the flour and gradually add the lemon juice and rind'.
- Add the milk.
- Whisk the egg whites stiff and fold gently into the batter.
- Place into a pie plate and bake in a 350F oven for apprx 40 minutes.
- Dredge with Icing sugar (optional).
- Serve with whipped cream (optional).