1/4 Photos of Irish Fish Pie (aka Cod Cobbler)
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
Adopted Recipe! Real comfort food
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fish fillets or 1 1/2 lbs other white fish
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces flour
- 1/2 liter milk
- 3 1/2 ounces grated cheese
- 1Place fish filets in the bottom of a round oven dish.
- 2Make a cheese sauce with the butter, flour, milk and grated cheese and pour over fish.
- 3Make scone dough by rubbing the butter into the flour with baking powder and pinch of salt.
- 4Add grated cheese and drop egg yolk into the mixture and add enough milk to make a workable dough.
- 5Roll out to a thickness of 1/2 inch and cut into small rounds with a scone cutter.
- 6Drop these rounds on top of the fish mixture so that they just about cover the surface and then glaze them with a little milk.
- 7Sprinkle some more grated cheese over them and bake at 450F degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Fish Pie (aka Cod Cobbler)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.7
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 433.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.9 g