Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adopted Recipe! Real comfort food
Make and share this Irish Fish Pie (aka Cod Cobbler) recipe from Food.com.
- Place fish filets in the bottom of a round oven dish.
- Make a cheese sauce with the butter, flour, milk and grated cheese and pour over fish.
- Make scone dough by rubbing the butter into the flour with baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Add grated cheese and drop egg yolk into the mixture and add enough milk to make a workable dough.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/2 inch and cut into small rounds with a scone cutter.
- Drop these rounds on top of the fish mixture so that they just about cover the surface and then glaze them with a little milk.
- Sprinkle some more grated cheese over them and bake at 450F degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
Loved this! My whole family loved it which is a rare delight! We will next time add some seasoning to the fish like pepper and such but it was so good! Thanks so much for posting!
Very good. I tried to scale it down to serve two, and made one or two mistakes, but it was still excellent, and really easy!
This is so good! I added cooked mushrooms and peas, but this recipe would be delicious as is. Thanks for one that will be made many times!