Cashel Blue Cheese sandwiched between pieces of Monterey Jack and Gouda wrapped in fine pastry and baked. Served with a root veggie salad. This is sooo good. In it's pure, unadulterated form, is attributed to The Red Bank Restaurant, Skerries, Co. Dublin Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces of cashel blue cheese (1 rectangular slice)
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese (1 rectangular slice)
- 3 ounces gouda cheese (1 rectangular slice)
- 1 leaf phyllo pastry (6 in sq.)
- egg wash
- 2 ounces butter
- 1Make a fine julienne of the vegetables.
- 2Stack the three cheese with the Cashel Blue in the middle.
- 3Wrap in the Filo Pastry and seal the parcel.
- 4Brush with the egg wash.
- 5Place in a small heated oven-safe pan that contains a little oil.
- 6Let it sit while you prepare the dressing. Broil the parcel for five to seven minutes or until the pastry puffs up and turns a lovely golden brown.
- 7Toss the salad in the dressing.
- 8To serve, place the salad on the plate like a small hay stack. Arrange the cheese parcel either on top of the veggies or beside them.
- 9Note: The jack & gouda replace the original cheeses of Milleens and Durras. Both are extremely hard, if not impossible to find in the U.S.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Farm House Cheese Parcel
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1930.0
- Calories from Fat 1590
- Total Fat 176.7 g
- Saturated Fat 85.0 g
- Cholesterol 363.3 mg
- Sodium 3052.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 64.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar