This is a true "Ulster" recipe. Very easy to make and so many different uses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash the potatoes (make sure there are no lumps).
- 2Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the butter.
- 3Knead in enough flour to make a pliable dough (usually 3/4 cup is enough).
- 4Roll out to about 1/2" thick and cut into round patties about 4"across.
- 5Heat a non stick skillet and brown on each side 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Serve with butter (you can sprinkle them with sugar if you are serving them as a treat).
- 7NB: These are very tasty fried in bacon grease and served with breakfast.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Fadge (Potato Cakes)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g