Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a true "Ulster" recipe. Very easy to make and so many different uses.
Make and share this Irish Fadge (Potato Cakes) recipe from Food.com.
- Mash the potatoes (make sure there are no lumps).
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the butter.
- Knead in enough flour to make a pliable dough (usually 3/4 cup is enough).
- Roll out to about 1/2" thick and cut into round patties about 4"across.
- Heat a non stick skillet and brown on each side 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with butter (you can sprinkle them with sugar if you are serving them as a treat).
- NB: These are very tasty fried in bacon grease and served with breakfast.