Recipe by Gina*S
I found this on another website, though I can't for the life of me remember which one. I think it sounds like a great alternative to the usual "Scotch Eggs" though. Give it a try!
Top Review by 2atdiemer
Interesting concept. They fried up beautifully but were rather large. The kids picked the potato layer off and ate that. It's a fun way to use leftover Easter eggs, but I probably won't make them again.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 lb potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 10 saltine crackers, finely crumbled
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mashed potatoes, beaten eggs, garlic, salt, mustard, rosemary and cracker crumbs mixing throroughly.
- Divide the potato mixture into 6 portions.
- Press eggs into each portion making sure the egg is covered completely.
- Deep fry in oil at 350 degrees until golden brown.