Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great way to use up leftover corned beef and cabbage!!! You could even use canned corned beef.
- 4 ounces chopped corned beef
- 1 cup shredded steamed cabbage
- 1 cup diced cooked potato
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1 1⁄2 quarts oil (for deep frying, or less if you want to just pan fry)
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375º, or, if pan-frying, in heavy skillet.
- In bowl, mix together corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrot and onino. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on clean dry surface a few at a time.
- Place about 1/2 cup of filling into center of each wrap.
- Roll up into logs according to the directions on the package. Wet the edge with water to seal.
- Fry rolls a few at a time, turning as necessary, for about 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels.
Loved, loved, LOVED these. Such a wonderful way to use up the leftovers from my St. Patrick's Day dinner (or anytime you cook corned beef, cabbage & potatoes!). My whole family really enjoyed these eggrolls. Even those who don't like cabbage had no idea that it was in there. These were a breeze to prepare since I prepped the corned beef and veggies before putting them away the night I made corned beef dinner. For the one comment about them being bland.. we did not find this to be the case at all..just make sure to salt & pepper the mixture.
I have used this recipe for eggrolls for years! I use cornbeef, cabbage, occasionally shredded carrots, onions and soy sauce in the mixture. We then dip in duck sauce. Outstanding! I may try with potatoes soon!
GREAT use of leftovers!! My grandmother had left over corned beef and I said I'd find a way to "spice it up". I really enjoyed these. I made them into smaller wonton serving sizes. Made for ZWT 3!