Recipe by Bergy
Chicken and geese eggs have always been very popular in the Irish diet. "....delightful feasts come....A cluthch of eggs, honey, mast....sweet apples.." (Irish quote) Simple tasty boiled egg dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and slip in the egg gently (prick the fat end if you have an egg pricker).
- Boil for 4 minutes (sea level, 5 minutes a little higher altitude).
- Warm a teacup.
- Remove top of shell& pop the egg into the warm dry cup.
- Chop with a teaspoon, add crumbs and butter.
- Salt& butter to taste, eat with a teaspoon from the cup.