Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
Chicken and geese eggs have always been very popular in the Irish diet. "....delightful feasts come....A cluthch of eggs, honey, mast....sweet apples.." (Irish quote) Simple tasty boiled egg dish
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and slip in the egg gently (prick the fat end if you have an egg pricker).
- Boil for 4 minutes (sea level, 5 minutes a little higher altitude).
- Warm a teacup.
- Remove top of shell& pop the egg into the warm dry cup.
- Chop with a teaspoon, add crumbs and butter.
- Salt& butter to taste, eat with a teaspoon from the cup.
SO EASY. And delicious. I'll be making this often! Thanks for posting it.
This was great - and verfy simple and can be reheated in the microwave is you add a drop of water. THank you for the recipe
We had two St. Patricks' Day celebrations and I served this dish for one of them. Everyone loved their egg prepared this way. The only thing I did different was to use less butter per egg. Thanks Bergy. Bullwinkle