1/1 Photo of Irish Egg in a Cup for one
Chicken and geese eggs have always been very popular in the Irish diet. "....delightful feasts come....A cluthch of eggs, honey, mast....sweet apples.." (Irish quote) Simple tasty boiled egg dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and slip in the egg gently (prick the fat end if you have an egg pricker).
- 2Boil for 4 minutes (sea level, 5 minutes a little higher altitude).
- 3Warm a teacup.
- 4Remove top of shell& pop the egg into the warm dry cup.
- 5Chop with a teaspoon, add crumbs and butter.
- 6Salt& butter to taste, eat with a teaspoon from the cup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Egg in a Cup for one
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 242.0 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g