Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Shrimps in a tasty tomato and cream horseradish sauce.
Make and share this Irish Dublin Prawn Cocktail recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb large shrimp or 1 lb prawns
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
DUBLIN COCKTAIL SAUCE
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash shrimp under cold running water; drain.
- Combine water, vinegar, seafood seasoning, salt, and garlic in large saucepan; bring to boil. Add shrimp; stir well. Return to boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook approximately 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Drain; rinse in cold water. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving last joint of tail intact.
- Arrange shrimp on bed of Bibb lettuce or on bed of crushed ice. Serve with Dublin Cocktail Sauce. Makes 3 to 4 servings.
- For the cocktail sauce, combine all ingredients; mix well. Chill until serving time.
- Irish Cooking.Ruth Bauder Kershner.