Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I call this "Irish Dessert" because my husband, who loves it, is Irish plus it's green! I don't know the original name for it. My mother in law gave me the recipe, but I have messed with it a bit. I am not into the marshmallows, but kids seem to like them. It is refreshing and different from run of the mill pudding :) Chill time not included.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, defrosted (Cool Whip)
- Combine pineapple and juice with pudding mix.
- Add nuts and marshmallows (if desired) and stir until combined.
- Fold in Cool Whip and mix well.
- Place in individual serving dishes or a medium bowl.
- Chill for at least an hour.
This has been my mother's "go-to" dish for potlucks ever since I can remember. Everyone loves it! We call it "The Green stuff" and leave out the marshmallows & nuts.
My mother has made this since the 70's. Around here, it has always been called "Watergate Salad." It is very good, light and has always been a great picnic or holiday dessert.