Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Irish Dark Soda Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- Sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar and stir well to incorporate, being very careful to break up any lumps of brown sugar.
- Add buttermilk and stir well.
- Divide the dough between the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until brown and crunchy.
- Cool on wire racks.
This Irish Soda Bread was just like I got in Ireland every morning for breakfast! It was great! I think next time I make it I will add just a pinch of table salt. It was quick and easy to make and it went well with corned beef and cabage. This bead should also go great with the Beef Stew with Guinness Stout also a great recipe.
Simple and very good. There are lots of recipes for Irish soda bread--this one's a keeper. Thanks for sharing it.
Delicious! I made this (along with 8 other Irish recipes!) for a St. Patrick's Day meal for our whole family - and this bread was fabulous! My children have requested I make it often... so guess what's in the oven right now! Thank you for a super easy and tasty recipe!