Recipe by JANIC412
Top Review by L. J. Bryant
This Irish Soda Bread was just like I got in Ireland every morning for breakfast! It was great! I think next time I make it I will add just a pinch of table salt. It was quick and easy to make and it went well with corned beef and cabage. This bead should also go great with the Beef Stew with Guinness Stout also a great recipe.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- Sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar and stir well to incorporate, being very careful to break up any lumps of brown sugar.
- Add buttermilk and stir well.
- Divide the dough between the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until brown and crunchy.
- Cool on wire racks.