1/1 Photo of Irish Dark Soda Bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease two loaf pans.
- 3Sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- 4Add brown sugar and stir well to incorporate, being very careful to break up any lumps of brown sugar.
- 5Add buttermilk and stir well.
- 6Divide the dough between the two prepared loaf pans.
- 7Bake for about 45 minutes or until brown and crunchy.
- 8Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Dark Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 267.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g