Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really rich and tasty egg free homemade version with real melted chocolate. YUM! (as good or better than store bought)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 1⁄4 lb chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 375 ml Irish whiskey (high quality like Jameson)
- In a double boiler heat the can of condensed sweetened milk and chocolate chips.
- Using the back of a large spoon, slowly and gently blend the melted chips into the sweetened condesed milk.
- When the mixture is blended remove the double boiler pan from the heat.
- Slowly blend in the room temperature evaporated milk until the mixture is smooth. Add the instant coffee and blend in well.
- Slowly add the chilled whipping cream and blend together.
- Add the irish whiskey and mix together.
- Allow to cool or chill in refrigerator for best taste.