Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
A incredible cheesecake! 8) You may add a little green food coloring if you like 8)
Top Review by joeknee
VERY good - my changes were just a few - used splenda instead of sugar and sugar free shortbread cookies instead of graham crackers. I also melted the white chocolate and blended it in. Oh, I also took the cake out 10 minutes prior to being done, added the sour cream topping and put it back in to finish. (oh, and I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, because that is all I had!) - OK more than a few changes! This was excellent though!
- 10 graham crackers, broken up
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces imported white chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate, grated
- 24 pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the white chocolate into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- Finely grind the graham crackers, pecans and sugar together in processor.
- Add the butter and blend, using on/off turns.
- Press mixture on bottom and 2 inches up sides of the pan.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: With a electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, Baileys and vanilla extract just until blended.
- Beat mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Finely chop the white chocolate in processor using on/off turns; add to cheese mixture.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until edges of the filling are puffed and dry looking and center is just set, near 50 minutes.
- Let cake cool on rack.
- Make topping: Mix sour cream and powdered sugar in small bowl.
- Spread topping onto cake when cooled; sprinkle chocolate over.
- Place pecans around edges of cake.
- Refrigerate until chilled, overnight or 6 hours.