Recipe by Robert in melbourne
I spent a few hours tonight trying to get the flavor to match the taste of Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk (small, half tins)
- 1 (13 ounce) bottle whiskey (of which you will use around 340ml.)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt (tiny)
- hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, boil the cans of condensed milk (dont open them) in plenty of water for 3 hours. Make sure when boiling that they are constantly covered with water, if not they may explode! Leave overnight to cool.
- In a large bowl put the cooled condensed milk (should be thick and caramelised) and 300ml whiskey.
- Get your whisk and start whisking till as many of the lumps as possible are gone.
- Add cream, the tiniest pinch of salt and whisk.
- Add a little hot water and whisk, you will see that the lumps will be disolved.
- Add more hot water till your desired consistancy is reached- whisk.
- Serve Chilled.