ms. muffet's Note:
While in Ireland I fell in love with their soups and breads. So I bought a cookbook called Irish Soups and Breads written by Nuala Cullen. This is one of the recipes I love and I am putting it on here for convenience. I don't even like asparagus, but I love this. I also add a little tarragon to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tips from half the asparagus and set aside for garnish. (I use it all).
- 2Peel the lower woody parts of the stalks and chop into small pieces, or break the frozen ones.
- 3Peel and cube potatoes.
- 4Wash and finely chop leeks.
- 5Blanch reserved tips in boiling salted water for 5 minutes if used, then cool and set aside.
- 6Melt the butter in a large saucepan and cook the leeks gently for a few minutes, then add potatoes and chopped asparagus.
- 7Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Puree the soup in blender, food processor, or use hand blender.
- 9Place pureed soup back in saucepan.
- 10Add the creme fraiche and another tablespoon of butter and stir.
- 11Garnish with tips.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Cream of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 366.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g