Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like the Irish cream recipes that have egg in them, but it does sometimes make me a little nervous. Here is a good version that is egg-free.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whiskey (I use Canadian)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat or blend all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- This tastes better after it sits for a day, but I can never wait!
I was craving irish cream liqueur, and like most things, if I can I'd like to make it fresh rather than buy processed. I replaced the chocolate syrup and coffee with kahlua, but otherwise made as directed. It was fantastic.
I did not have sweetened condensed milk so I looked up how to make it on the internet. Other than that, I used the recipe as listed and it turned out great. I tried to put it in a wine bottle, but there is some left over. Good stuff, I just might drink it now rather than find another bottle.
Very very good! So easy and ready in no time. I didn`t have almond extract so I used 1/4 cup Disaronno. Thanks for sweet goodness!