Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons lemon marmalade or 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 lemons, zest of or 1 orange, zest of, if using orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine sugar, but granulated is an OK substitute)
- 10 fluid ounces heavy cream, well chilled
- 2 egg whites
- Thoroughly mix the marmalade and ground ginger.
- Put the whiskey, marmalade mix, lemon (or orange) rind and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir well, then leave the mixture to stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Stir the cream slowly into the whisky mixture until evenly blended, then beat with an electric or rotary beater until thick.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and then fold into the cream mixture until well blended.
- Spoon into 4 individual wine glasses or sundae dishes, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled, with brandy snaps or ginger snaps (cookies).