This delicious treat makes a great gift and family dessert. This recipe makes about 5 pounds of fudge. You wouldn't believe how much people loved this fudge. I have requests for it alot but is rather expensive to make and makes alot but is so easy to make. You can use any kind of Irish Cream you choose. Also nuts are optional and if you choose to add them, any type your like will work well with this recipe.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup irish cream (alcoholic beverage such as Baily's Irish Cream)
- 2 cups of chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 lb butter (1 cup)
- In a very large bowl, combine the 2 packages of milk chocolate chips, the one package of semisweet chocolate chips, both jars of marshmallow cream, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, the Irish Cream, and nuts if you are adding them.
- Set this mixture aside.
- Line a 10-x-15-inch pan with foil and spread lightly with butter or margarine.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine 4 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, 1 can of evaporated milk, and 1/2 pound of butter.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat first and then cook slowly, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into the very large bowl holding the chocolate chip mixture.
- Stir slowly by hand to combine.
- It is very important to do this by hand and NOT use any kind of mixer.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and chill until set.