Recipe by Girl from India
This is a recipe want to try for my Birthday for a private party at home (Just DH, DS and me ;) ) From Femina magazine. Something rare and good to look at and even better to eat. I won't get Strawberries in June but plan to use some mixed fruit.
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 2 sprigs mint leaves
- 250 g fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
- 30 g icing sugar, plus for dusting
- 25 g caster sugar
- 10 g gelatin
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml fresh cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle some icing sugar over the strawberries and set aside for 30 mins.
- Over low heat melt the chocolate, but do not let it boil.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut some plastic wrap or butter paper into small 12.
- 5 cm squares.
- I am planning to make 3.
- Apply the chocolate paste in a fairly thickish layer over them and keep in small bowls with the chocolate side up.
- Refrigerate till set (around 30 mins) Meanwhile make the sabayon: Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar over hot water and whisk till the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk till the mixture is hot and creamy but do not allow to boil.
- It should look inreased in size too.
- Soak the gelatine in a little water (1 tblsp+) and dissolve by heating a little.
- Stir in the liqueur.
- Once everything has cooled fold the gelatine and liqueur mixture into the egg mixture and whisk for a minute more.
- Then add the whipped cream and refrigertate till cool (do no let it set though).
- Remove the chocolate bowls from the fridge and peel the chocolate carefully from the plastic/ paper.
- It should form a curly cup like shape.
- Place this in a tray and then fill with the cooled sayabon Divide the strawberries into 2-3 portions.
- (depending on how many cups you get from the chocolate) Place each portion into a cup (piled high) Set them in individual plates.
- Sprinkle the remaining icing sugar over them and garnish with a mint leaf.
- Note: YOu can make Vanilla ice cream and serve them in these cups too for a different dessert.
- Or even a combo of a scoop or vanilla and one of chocolate and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- YOu can even serve walnut brownies at the side to make this unimaginably sinful.