Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I found this recipe a while ago and decided to share. It is so rich--the recipe originally called for nuts, but honestly you do not need them. This fudge is heavenly and besides, not everyone likes nuts. Of course you may add them by stirring in the fudge mixture or pressing into topping. I hope you enjoy! 8)
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup irish cream
The Truffle topping
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut to pieces
- 4 tablespoons irish cream
Directions See How It's Made
- To make: Melt the chocolates together, stirring until smooth; remove from burner.
- Blend in the 2 tbsp butter then Irish cream, beating until smooth.
- When fudge is even, spread over and chill.
- Spray a 8-inch square pan with cooking spray, setting aside for now.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter until soft the smooth.
- You do NOT want to over-heat!
- Stir mixture.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the sugar and cream.
- Continue stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Smooth the top of fudge by laying piece of plastic wrap, pressing carefully and evenly.
- Prepare the topping as noted above.
- Evenly spread topping over fudge and chill for a few hours before cutting.