Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Oh my-don't do it!!! I will not take the blame on this one!!! You have been warned!!!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 6 ounces irish cream
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 10 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 9-inch pie shells (1 recipe for No Fail Pie Crust #11062)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust and line two 9 inch pie plates, set aside.
- Using a mixer blend together the eggs, sugar, salt and butter until creamy.
- Add the corn syrup and Irish Cream, blending well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Pour into prepared pie shells.
- Bake for 1 and 1/2 hours and top has turned a nice golden brown.
Awesome, I made this for a dinner party and received rave reviews! A definte keeper.
Oh my, what a pie! Made this for a pre-Halloween party this weekend at the home of a friend who's a real fan of Irish cream. It was very happily received with many compliments. Rich and tasty and not a healthy item in the batch...that's why it's so yummy. I used a mixture of white and milk chocolate by the way.
This was delicious, but I think the macadamia nuts were a little overpowering. Perhaps if they were crushed or chopped? The directions didn't specify, so I left them whole. I'll make this again, but I'm going to play with that part a bit. Thanks for sharing!