Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I have noted that this recipe was found in Bon Appetite in the 1980's. Either way, it has been made with love many times and I think you will enjoy it very much
Ingredients for Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Ingredients for Filling
- 2 1⁄4 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup irish cream (Baileys or Devonshire)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for Coffee Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
Ingredients for decoration
- semisweet chocolate bar, shavings
- Heat oven to 325F degrees.
- Crust: Lightly grease a 10" spring form pan with butter.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, then press into bottom and 1" up the sides of pan.
- Bake until light brown, about 7 minutes.
- Filling: Using an electric mixer or food processor beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually incorporate sugar.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Blend in Irish Cream Liqueur and vanilla.
- Sprinkle half chocolate chips over bottom crust.
- Spoon in filling.
- Sprinkle on remaining chocolate chips.
- Put cake in oven and bake until puffed, center springs back, and golden brown, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool cake completely.
- Cream: When cake is completely cool, beat whipping cream, sugar, and coffee powder until peaks form.
- Spread mixture over cake.
- Garnish: Decorate top with chocolate shavings.