Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I have noted that this recipe was found in Bon Appetite in the 1980's. Either way, it has been made with love many times and I think you will enjoy it very much
Ingredients for Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Ingredients for Filling
- 2 1⁄4 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup irish cream (Baileys or Devonshire)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for Coffee Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
Ingredients for decoration
- semisweet chocolate bar, shavings
- Heat oven to 325F degrees.
- Crust: Lightly grease a 10" spring form pan with butter.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, then press into bottom and 1" up the sides of pan.
- Bake until light brown, about 7 minutes.
- Filling: Using an electric mixer or food processor beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually incorporate sugar.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Blend in Irish Cream Liqueur and vanilla.
- Sprinkle half chocolate chips over bottom crust.
- Spoon in filling.
- Sprinkle on remaining chocolate chips.
- Put cake in oven and bake until puffed, center springs back, and golden brown, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool cake completely.
- Cream: When cake is completely cool, beat whipping cream, sugar, and coffee powder until peaks form.
- Spread mixture over cake.
- Garnish: Decorate top with chocolate shavings.
Took this to a holiday party, no one was overly impressed. But we enjoyed the leftover Bailey's.
I have made this recipe many times and it's always been a huge hit. However, I use chocolate cookies (usually Oreos) that I crush up in the food processor with just a few pats of butter. I place a baking pan of cold water on the lower rack of the oven while the cheesecake is baking. This prevents it from forming any cracks in the top. But if you do experience a crack, a nice covering of coffee flavored fresh whipped cream (just add 1 tsp. instant coffee to your usual whipped cream recipe) will cover any accidents.