Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If your looking for the best then you have to try this. I used Jameson 18 year that I was given at Christmas and, WOW, this was one killer cheesecake.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (500 mL)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (125 mL)
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar (125 mL)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (125 mL)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (250 g each)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar (300 mL)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (30 mL)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups table cream (300 mL)
- 1⁄3 cup Irish whiskey (75 mL)
- dark chocolate, melted
- Combine wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) cocoa, icing sugar and butter (can be mixed in the food processor to save some time).
- Press over bottom and 2 inches (5 cm) up the sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth in a large bowl. Gradually beat in granulated sugar, 2 tbsp (30 mL) cocoa and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cream and whiskey.
- Pour into prepared crust; set on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375 ºF (190 ºC) oven 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool then chill. Drizzle melted chocolate over surface of cake before serving.
What a wonderful treat! I reduced the ingredients to make a cheesecake for my 6" springform pan and then cooked it in the slow cooker. I was a bit nervous, as the filling was much more liquid than I am accustomed to, but it worked out beautifully. I forgot the icing sugar in the crust, and used 2 1/2 tbl butter (made half the recipe of the crust), and it worked out just great. Definitely a cheesecake to consider.