2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a wonderfully, creamy cheesecake that I make for friends and family. Folks like it so well that a single cheesecake raised $32.00 at a fundraiser/auction for my children's school. I have made this successfully with low-fat cream cheese and sour cream. (Many of you have had problems with cracks in the top of the cheesecake and have given wonderful instructions as to how to avoid this. I have included your info in the instructions and really appreciate you making this recipe even better - Thanks :)
My Private Note
9inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2(I've added this step based on the comments of many of you have tried this recipe - thanks for you input). Place a baking pan of water on the lower rack of the oven to help prevent cracking while baking.
- 3Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs and butter in a small mixing bowl.
- 4Press crumb mixture into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 5Hold this pan in the freezer until ready to fill.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- 7Add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 8Add the geletin; mix well at low speed.
- 9Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 10Stir in the sour cream, Irish Cream and vanilla.
- 11Spoon the mixture over the crust.
- 12Bake at 300 for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- 13DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- 14Turn off oven, KEEP THE OVEN DOOR CLOSED.
- 15Allow the cheesecake to remain in the oven for an additional one hour and fifteen minutes.
- 16DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR DURING THIS TIME!
- 17Remove the cheesecake from the oven and carefully remove the springform pan.
- 18Place on a decorative plate and serve at room temperature or chilled.
- 19May garnish with grated semi-sweet chocolate.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Cream Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (1408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4544.6
- Calories from Fat 2994
- Total Fat 332.6 g
- Saturated Fat 187.4 g
- Cholesterol 1706.2 mg
- Sodium 3087.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 333.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 326.6 g
- Protein 74.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: