Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 5 mins
Cheesecake Extraordinaire; posted by request
Make and share this Irish Cream Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 11 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Irish Cream Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup irish cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- Make the crust: in a bowl, stir the crushed cookies and melted butter together until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Make the filling: in a big bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the Irish cream liqueur and vanilla.
- Stir together the instant coffee and hot water, stir into cream cheese mixture; pour cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes; decrease temperature to 200° and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off; return cake to the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- *I always bake cheesecake in a water bath; this method is untried by me, so proceed at your own risk.