Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This cheesecake is a family favorite, especially for Thanksgiving and Christmas time. Very creamy and delectable!
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup irish cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -1 1⁄2 ounce hershey's milk chocolate candy bar
- 1 -2 tablespoon irish cream
- For the crust, mix all the ingredients and press into a 9" springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- For the filling, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in Irish cream liqueur and vanilla.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off; return cake to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then chill overnight.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- For the topping, melt the Hershey bar in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds, or until melted.
- Stir in the Irish cream until smooth.
- Drizzle over the chilled cake.