Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
An excellent choice for a St. Patrick's Day dinner. You can use up to 1/2 cup Irish Cream Liqueur if you would like. Regular graham crackers can be subbed for the chocolate if desired.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl stir together all crust ingredients until crumbly. Press on bottom and 1 inch up side of lightly greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, combine sugar and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Continue beating, adding eggs 1 at a time, until well mixed. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- By hand, stir in liqueur.
- In small bowl stir together 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon flour.
- Gently stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour batter into crust. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until center is set or until firm to touch. Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen side of cheesecake by running knife around inside of pan.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- To garnish, pipe whipped cream over top of cheesecake and top with chocolate curls, if desired.
Excellent cheesecake! I made this for our office St. Patty's day pot-luck luncheon, and it was a huge hit! Wouldn't change a thing!
I made this for Christmas day, 2009, It was excellent. I spread a generous layer of Whipped Cream on top and garnished with crushed Skor bars. I might of added a wee bit extra Irish cream.