3 hrs 45 mins
Yummmmmmmmmmmy! This cheesecake contains both plain chocolate and milk chocolate, which works really well with the irish cream. I use baileys. Cooking time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil, for brushing
- 175 g chocolate chip cookies (6oz)
- 55 g butter (2oz)
- 225 g chocolate (plain, 8oz)
- 225 g milk chocolate (8oz)
- 55 g golden caster sugar (2oz)
- 350 g cream cheese (12oz)
- 425 ml double cream, whipped (15floz)
- 3 tablespoons irish cream
- creme fraiche
- fresh fruit
- 1Line the base of a 20cm/8-inch springform tin with foil and brush the sides with oil.
- 2Place the cookies in a polythene bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- 3Place the butter in a saucepan and heat gently until just melted, then stir in the crushed biscuits.
- 4Press the mixture into the base of the tin and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 6To make the filling, melt the plain and milk chocolate together in a water bath. Stir to combine and leave to cool.
- 7Place the sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl and beat together until smooth.
- 8Fold in the whipped cream.
- 9Fold the mixture gently into the melted chocolate.
- 10Stir in the Irish cream liqueur.
- 11Spoon the filling over the chilled biscuit base and smooth the surface.
- 12Cover and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or until quite firm.
- 13Transfer to a serving plate and cut into small slices.
- 14Serve with a spoonful of crème fraiche and fresh fruit. (or eat it just as it is. yummmmmy!).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Cream Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.2
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 198.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: