Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummmmmmmmmmmy! This cheesecake contains both plain chocolate and milk chocolate, which works really well with the irish cream. I use baileys. Cooking time is chilling time.
- Line the base of a 20cm/8-inch springform tin with foil and brush the sides with oil.
- Place the cookies in a polythene bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place the butter in a saucepan and heat gently until just melted, then stir in the crushed biscuits.
- Press the mixture into the base of the tin and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To make the filling, melt the plain and milk chocolate together in a water bath. Stir to combine and leave to cool.
- Place the sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold the mixture gently into the melted chocolate.
- Stir in the Irish cream liqueur.
- Spoon the filling over the chilled biscuit base and smooth the surface.
- Cover and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or until quite firm.
- Transfer to a serving plate and cut into small slices.
- Serve with a spoonful of crème fraiche and fresh fruit. (or eat it just as it is. yummmmmy!).