Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great cake to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup irish cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup irish cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Mix in eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup oil and 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur.
- Beat for 5 minutes at high speed.
- Pour batter over nuts in pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto the serving dish.
- Prick top and sides of cake.
- Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of cake.
- Allow to absorb glaze repeat until all glaze is used up.
- To make the glaze: In a saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup Irish cream.
What a wonderful way to end our St Patty's meal! I made the recipe into mini bundts so everyone could have their own. It was very easy to make and I will be making it for more than just this holiday. Thanks so much for posting!!
Except for the nuts and I only make half the amount of the glaze, this is just like what I've made for the last 15 years. Its an excellent cake, moist and sweet with a slight kick.
This cake is always a hit. It makes two 8x4 loaf pans so you can freeze one. The entire glaze makes it too sweet, so I make half and use 1/3 cup brown sugar instead of white sugar. People always ask for the recipe.