Recipe by GoodnPlentiful
A recipe my husband and I have used from AAA-recipes.com. These are so decadent and rich but well worth the fat and calories. I haven't made the frosting but, in my opinion, they are just as fantastic without it. I just use more Irish Cream to sprinkle over top. The baking time seems to be off as I have baked for 40+ minutes and it is still gooey in the middle. Of course, it is the best this way. Enjoy!
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons irish cream
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 tablespoons irish cream
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter, stirring after 20 second increments, in microwave. Cool.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in mixing bowl. Add Irish cream and cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 325°F for approximately 20 minutes (test with wooden pick). Cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Pierce brownies with a wooden pick randomly. Drizzle 3 tablespoons Irish cream over brownies.
- In mixing bowl, combine liqueurs and butter. Mix well. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat until spreading consistency. Frost cooled brownies.