Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my sister in Omaha. These make great little candies that are super holiday gifts.
- Put oreos in food processor and process them into fine crumbs.
- Weigh powdered sugar and add to oreos and process well.
- Add nuts and process well While food processor is running, add Irish cream and process well until stiff dough forms.
- You may need to add more Irish Cream in order to make it the consistency of cookie dough.
- Remove from food processor and place on glass dish.
- Cover in plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for an hour.
- Using the large side of a melon baller, form into small, uniform balls.
- Melt Almond Bark in microwave until smooth.
- Dip bon bons in almond bark and place on waxed paper until set.
- This can be very messy.
- I use a candy dipping utensil.
- Once bon bons are set, melt white chocolate in small glass container in the microwave until chips are melted and stir until smooth.
- Place in ziplock baggie and snip a small hole in the corner.
- Drizzle small white chocolate stripes over the top of the bon bons.
- These are best when they sit for 3 days or so.
- Keep refrigerated during setting time.
- Make great gifts.
Made these for take home "gifts" after a late night dinner party, and they were a huge hit. Received many requests for the recipe. I will have to add this to my recipe list for Christmas gift boxes.