Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not made this dish. It was in our weekly TV guide and thought it appropriate to post it. The originator of the recipe, JoAnnaM. Lund said that she named the recipe in honor of her grandmother's family who came from County Mayo in Ireland. Erin Go Braugh. It is quite low cal and sounds tasty. Very economical
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages90% lean corned beef, shredded
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- 3 (3/4 ounce) slices reduced-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon French's mustard
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray an 8x8 baking dish with oil.
- In a large skillet saute the cabbage, celery, onion,& carrots for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the corned beef, noodles& Swiss cheese.
- Add mushroom soup.
- mustard& salt& pepper.
- Spreadf the mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minures and serve.
I made this for my Irish husband, and we both LOVED it! I couldn't bare the thought of using low-fat products, so I used regular swiss cheese, soup, and mayo. I will make this many more times. Thanks, Bergy!!