Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew in the crockpot.
- 1 (3 lb) package corned beef (including spice packet)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer, guinness extra stout
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 cups peeled and sliced parsnips
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 2 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped 1-inch slices
- Cut away any large pieces of fat from corned beef and cut meat into 1-inch cubes; dredge well in flour. Melt butter in a pan. Add corned beef (including any excess flour); cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides.
- Add spice packet and all remaining ingredients except cabbage to crockpot and stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add cabbage and cook for 10 minutes more.