Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
DELIGHTFULLY YUMMY, yes, TRUE! E-A-S-Y P-E-A-S-Y to make! (As they would say in Oz!) too! You too can be IRISH for the day, MANY people have asked for this recipe! What can I say?
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- 1 pint coffee ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup Irish whiskey
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In saucepan, stir unflavored gelatin with 1/3 Cup of Sugar.
- In bowl, BEAT egg yolks, blend with Coffee and stir into Saucepan.
- Cook, stirring until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and blend in Ice Cream and Whiskey.
- Chill until mixture will mound on a spoon.
- In bowl, BEAT Egg Whites until foamy.
- Gradually BEAT in 2 Tablespoons of Sugar until STIFF.
- Fold into gelatin mixture and pour into Pie Shell.
- Chill until set.
- Garnish slightly with Whipped Cream.
Very good, loved the silken texture. Made for the Comfort Cafe, a tag game.