- Line 12 muffin-tin cups with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir well.
- In a 1-cup measure, dissolve coffee granules in coffee liqueur and whiskey.
- Add enough milk to measure 1 cup.
- Whisk egg in a bowl with coffee-milk mixture.
- Whisk in melted butter.
- Gently stir liquid into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, or until the top springs back when gently touched.
These are really delicious tasting muffins! They are very, very rich and taste almost creamy. I made only one change to the recipe, which was to use 4 tsp of Irish Cream liqueur(which I had on hand)in place of the 2 tsp each of Irish Whiskey and coffee liqueur. I thought these tasted great and where very easy to prepare. Note: Check these early - mine got a hair too crisp on top at 25 minutes, so next time I may pull them out 5 minutes earlier.
Moist and tasty muffins! As I didn't trust my gluten free flours, I used two eggs, half cup rice milk and 4 tablespoons olive oil. They turned out perfect in texture and flavor. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
Made for Comfort Cafe Event. I ran out of Irish cream so I used only Kahlua but these still turned out very nice. A nice breakie muffin with your favourite brew.