Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Buena Vista on Fisherman's Wharf serves as many as 2,000 of these famous Irish Coffees each day. It's a great way to warm up on a foggy day by the bay; however, after a few of these, you may be feeling a little foggy yourself. The major difference from other Irish Coffee recipes here is the use of sugar cubes.
- 6 ounces brewed coffee
- 2 sugar cubes
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Irish whiskey (one jigger)
- heavy cream, lightly whipped
- Fill glass with very hot water to pre-heat, then empty.
- Pour hot coffee into hot glass until it is about three-quarters full.
- Drop in two cocktail sugar cubes.
- Stir until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add full jigger of Irish Whiskey for proper taste and body.
- Top with a collar of whipped cream by pouring gently over a spoon.
- Enjoy it while piping hot.
Google Felicity Cloak's guide to the perfect Irish Coffee for a much better write up and recipe...
Love this Irish Coffee! It's the exact recipe and technique from the BV. I use Bushmill's but the BV uses Tullamore Dew in their Irish Coffee. Thanks, FLKeysJen!
I love Irish Coffee and this lovely recipe is no exception. Yum, strong coffee, good whiskey, sugar and the topping glory, whipped cream. It was a perfect treat on a busy afterfoon. So quick and easy to make, it could be really bad, tooo easy to make. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Great Britian