Recipe by FLKeysJen
The Buena Vista on Fisherman's Wharf serves as many as 2,000 of these famous Irish Coffees each day. It's a great way to warm up on a foggy day by the bay; however, after a few of these, you may be feeling a little foggy yourself. The major difference from other Irish Coffee recipes here is the use of sugar cubes.
- 6 ounces brewed coffee
- 2 sugar cubes
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Irish whiskey (one jigger)
- heavy cream, lightly whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill glass with very hot water to pre-heat, then empty.
- Pour hot coffee into hot glass until it is about three-quarters full.
- Drop in two cocktail sugar cubes.
- Stir until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add full jigger of Irish Whiskey for proper taste and body.
- Top with a collar of whipped cream by pouring gently over a spoon.
- Enjoy it while piping hot.