Elly in Canada's Note:
A delicious finale to a great dinner! This cake is made with coffee and laced with Irish whiskey! Add some whipped cream and you have Irish Coffee Cake. Source: Canadian Living
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2Beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 4Dissolve espresso powder in vanilla, beat into butter mixture.
- 5Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture.
- 6Spread batter in a greased 8-inch round cake pan.
- 7Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 8Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- 9Run knife around edge of cake to separate from pan; turn out onto rack, let cool completely.
- 10COFFEE SYRUP:.
- 11In a saucepan, bring sugar and coffee to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, boil for 1 minute.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
- 13Return the cooled cake to the baking pan, poke holes all over top with a toothpick or skewer.
- 14Pour coffee syrup over cake. Let cool for 1 hour or until syrup is absorbed.
- 15Remove from pan; place on serving plate.
- 17Whip cream with whiskey and sugar, pipe along the top edge of the cake.
- 18Garnish with coffee beans!
- 19Prep time does not include cooling time.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.2
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g