1/1 Photo of Irish Coffee Brownies. Lightened
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup heart healthy margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/8 cup Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute (This is originally powdered sugar,I used Homemade Powdered Sugar With Splenda and Glazes to make the powdered sugar for this amount)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons brewed coffee
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Heat sugar, margarine, applesauce and 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter or margarine melts, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in Splenda Granulated.
- 4Add egg whites and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat lightly just until combined.
- 5Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- 6Stir together milk and 1/4 cup whiskey; stir in coffee crystals.
- 7Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the chocolate mixture, beating by hand after each addition.
- 8Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 9Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 11Meanwhile, for the Irish Coffee Glaze, stir together sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey, and 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
- 12Stir in 3-4 tablespoons brewed coffee until of drizzling consistency.
- 13If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped nuts. Makes 36 brownies.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Coffee Brownies. Lightened
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 42.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: