Recipe by Annacia
Tis truly a Leprechaun's delight and it could likely be yours too.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Anna simply the most delicious, decadent brownies I have ever tried. I used all the ingredients except for the nuts and had to sub kahlua and baileys irish cream for the whisky, as I was out. The liquers worked really well with the chocolate and coffee. Resulting in a moist, tender, chewy cake treat. They melted in your mouth, leaving the most pleasant after taste. I won't tell you how many I ate. I even broke down and frosted the babies, so good. Thank you so much my dear for sharing your incredible recipe....Kudos :)
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml milk
- 59.14 ml Irish whiskey
- 29.58 ml instant coffee crystals
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 591.47 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml Irish whiskey
- 6.16 ml vanilla
- 44.37-59.16 ml brewed coffee
- chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat granulated sugar, butter or margarine, and 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter or margarine melts, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat lightly just until combined.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- Stir together milk and 1/4 cup whiskey; stir in coffee crystals.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the chocolate mixture, beating by hand after each addition.
- Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the Irish Coffee Glaze, stir together sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey, and 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
- Stir in 3 to 4 tablespoons brewed coffee until of drizzling consistency.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped nuts. Makes 36 brownies.