1/2 Photos of Irish Coffee Brownies
Tis truly a Leprechaun's delight and it could likely be yours too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons brewed coffee
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Heat granulated sugar, butter or margarine, and 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter or margarine melts, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat lightly just until combined.
- 4Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- 5Stir together milk and 1/4 cup whiskey; stir in coffee crystals.
- 6Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the chocolate mixture, beating by hand after each addition.
- 7Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 10Meanwhile, for the Irish Coffee Glaze, stir together sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey, and 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
- 11Stir in 3 to 4 tablespoons brewed coffee until of drizzling consistency.
- 12If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped nuts. Makes 36 brownies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Coffee Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g