Tis truly a Leprechaun's delight and it could likely be yours too.
Make and share this Irish Coffee Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons brewed coffee
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat granulated sugar, butter or margarine, and 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter or margarine melts, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat lightly just until combined.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- Stir together milk and 1/4 cup whiskey; stir in coffee crystals.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the chocolate mixture, beating by hand after each addition.
- Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the Irish Coffee Glaze, stir together sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey, and 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
- Stir in 3 to 4 tablespoons brewed coffee until of drizzling consistency.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped nuts. Makes 36 brownies.