1/1 Photo of Irish Coffee Bars - Chewy Delicious Blondies
Dans La Lune's Note:
These bars are amaaaazing! Vanilla and coffee flavored blondies topped with sliced almonds and a whiskey flavored glaze. Very unique, very rich in flavor! Use Irish whiskey to keep it authentic! This recipe came from Martha Stewart magazine, March 2012.
My Private Note
2 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground coffee (use decaf if you're concerned about caffeine!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, skin on
For the glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, and line with parchment. (If you don't have parchment, you can use PAM with good results as well).
- 3Whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 4Melt the 2 cups of butter, and pour into a mixing bowl with brown sugar, ground coffee, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 5Stir to combine.
- 6Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- 7Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- 8Pour batter into pan, and sprinkle with almonds.
- 9Bake 27 - 30 minutes, depending on how chewy you like your blondies (a shorter baking time results in a chewier blondie). Let cool completely before adding glaze.
- 10Make the glaze by whisking together 1 tablespoon of melted butter and whiskey.
- 11Gradually whisk in confectioners sugar until glaze is thick but pourable (you may not need all the sugar).
- 12Using a spoon or a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip, drizzle glaze over blondies in a rough crosshatch pattern.
- 13Let glaze dry 1 hour.
- 14Cut blondies into 2 inch squares.
- 15Blondies can be stored at room temperature up to 2 days, or freeze in an airtight container for longer keeping.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Coffee Bars - Chewy Delicious Blondies
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 283.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g