Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
for a cold day or the end of a meal.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 5 ounces black coffee, made very very strong and hot
- heavy cream
- Rinse a stemmed glass with hot water.
- Put the sugar in the glass, followed by whiskey.
- Add coffee, leaving room for the cream.
- Stir thoroughly and let settle, before pouring the cream on top over the back of a spoon so it just floats.
It snowed today (16 March 2002) so I needed a neat soul soother - look at the contents, what can I say - I am pleasantly buzzed, content and ready for bed! Thanks Gay
Made these at the cottage last night. Delicious! At one point we substituted the white sugar for brown sugar and it was really good, too. You could think of trying this for a change. Both ways were delicious.
DH loves the specialty coffee beverages and I find them rather expensive to purchase so I recently convinced him I could make more variety myself and spend a lot less money doing this. Tonight I made this and rather than stop at the usual (price limiting) one cup, he asked for a second cup when he'd finished the first. He told me, 'this is really good!' Of course, I had to join him in a second cup myself although I cut back on the whiskey in the second cups. I've found in the past that whiskey will usually kick a cold for me so I thought this just might do the trick with the one I've got now, which would be great since I've got my son's graduation and reception to host tomorrow! Thanks for sharing a pleasant and relaxing treat Gay!