Recipe by StephaniePB
I recently returned from Ireland, where I was taught how to make 'real' Irish coffee. I haven't seen any recipe exactly like this elsewhere - I definitely didn't know this was how its made - so I thought I'd share. It's yummy, slightly sweet, and perfect for those cold nights in Ireland, especially when made with decaf.
Top Review by Pam in the Kitchen
This is so good!! I made it exactly like the recipe and it was perfect. I've also made it and added some Bailey's Irish Cream to the cream before shaking it - a really good twist! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 4 ounces strong black coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons heavy cream
- boiling water
- nutmeg or cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and fill the glass mug to warm through. Dump out water.
- Pour whiskey in glass, add coffee, sugar. Stir to combine.
- Shake or vigorously stir heavy cream. Do NOT whip - the idea is to have frothy cream, not whipped stiff peaks. Gently float the cream on top of the coffee.
- Optional: sprinkle nutmeg and/or cinammon on top.