Host your own St Patrick’s day party with this cider infused Irish stew, perfect with a side of colcannon and a pint of Guinness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter in a casserole dish until sizzling, then fry the pork for 2-3 mins on each side until browned. Remove from the pan.
- 2Tip the bacon, carrot, potatoes and rutabaga into the pan, then gently fry until slightly coloured.
- 3Stir in the cabbage, sit the chops back on top, add the bay leaf, then pour over the cider and stock.
- 4Cover the pan, then leave everything to gently simmer for 20 mins until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- 5Serve at the table spooned straight from the dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Coddled Pork With Cider
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.8
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 563.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: