Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 7 slices of uncured bacon, cut into squares
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, halved, then cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 ounces sam adamsboston lager beer
- 1⁄2 cup Guinness stout
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, render the meat until bacon is crisp.
- Remove meat and set aside.
- Sweat potatoes.
- Add onions and sweat for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic and sweat for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze pot with stock.
- Add pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, add remaining ingredients.