Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From recipelion.com...too interesting to pass up!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup candied citron, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin, blanched and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare two greased cookie sheets; set aside.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar.
- 3. Beat in the eggs until well blended. Add the flour and the Irish whiskey, and beat the dough until smooth.
- 4. Add the fruit and nuts, and mix well.
- 5. Drop cookie dough from a tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- 6. Bake at 375 degrees F each sheet of cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7. Remove the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula while still warm.
- 8. Place on wire rack to partially cool.
- 9. Store the cookies in an airtight container with a slice of white bread to maintain their soft, fruity texture.